Thursday, October 18, 2007

Week 4 RSS Feeds # 8 and #9

Well, initially I have found these steps # 8 and 9 to be quite frustrating, because it took me some time to understand where to look for the RSS feeds. However, the concept of being able to click on these information sources and get regular updates on news is amazing technology. I guess it is a source that news professionals use to keep up to date with international events as they happen. I chose to subscribe to newsfeeds that I thought I recognised as reliable international sources, such as National Geographic, CNN, BBC, but presumably the feeds are all in a similar category. I also went into an information source from Google and noted their RSS feed and added that to my list. Then later I was reading The N.Z. Herald online through Auckland City Libraries and noticed the article I was reading had the RSS symbol in the top right hand corner, so I clicked on that and up popped the list of subscribers..... I would not have noticed that before!
Don't know if I will ever use this regularly but it was an interesting exercise.

Buonaserata

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you post a link to your bloglines account? Glad you had fun exploring.

For thing 9 please check out the discovery exercise which links to RSS seacrh tools like Topix.net and Feedster. Blog about your experience and then I can give you credit.:)